Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review: Limar 910 Helmet

Limar Helmets manufacture products for many facets of the sport that is cycling, and the 910 is one of their many offerings for the MTB end of the market. The 910 has plenty of large, angular looking vents to keep air moving through during a ride, with an aerodynamically shaped visor to help channel the air through. Although it is not removable, but it is unobtrusive so I do not believe this is a problem.

The 910 features a secure feeling chin strap with some padding to soak up sweat and make the strap a bit more comfortable as the days' ride goes on. This helmet also features a large adjustable dial on the rear to allow quick and easy adjustment of the helmet during a ride , which is surprisingly useful on hot days where a little extra space between your head and helmet is desired to keep cool. The padding  within the helmet isn't especially thick but is comfortable and easily removable to wash out sweaty smells.

I have used this helmet for I don't know how long, after I brought on a sale for $99 NZ, although it's RRP is $200. It has had it's fair share of crashes, some head over heels face first, and has shrugged them all off with good grace. To put this helmets strength into perspective, I have witnessed one being hit multiple times by cars, and retrieved, obviously shattered beyond use but still in one piece. Would I recommend this helmet? I have little experience with other brands helmets, but judging by my adventures that I've had with this helmet, yes. Yes I would.     

No comments:

Post a Comment